Claudiu Mortan, M.Sc.
Thin Film Solar Cells
Title of dissertation
Preparation and Characterization of Partially Substituted Perovskite Structures for Application in Solar Cell Devices
Short summary of dissertation
Building solar cell devices using Tin (Sn) – based perovskite absorber materials like CH3NH3SnI3, using vacuum systems and chemical liquid preparation methods. The main characterizations are done using a solar simulator, SEM (scanning electron microscopy) and XPS (x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy).
Topic(s) of the cooperation(s) within the Graduate School
- cooperation with the Catalysis and Electrocatalysis group of Prof. Ulrike Kramm towards building water splitting devices using the sun directly as an energy source, for the preparation of solar fuels like hydrogen or methane.
- cooperation with the Material Flow Management and Resource Economy group of Prof. Liselotte Schebek for the evaluation of Life Cycle Assessments (LCA) of solar cells.
- Abitur: IT-Schule Stuttgart
- B.Sc. Chemie: University of Stuttgart
- M.Sc. Energy Science and Engineering: Technische Universität Darmstadt
IT-consultant. Independent contractor as a Search Engine Evaluator (SEE)